Azad Jammu Kashmir Medical College
The Medical /Dental Colleges Admission test SET(State Entry Test) is an essential part of the admission process since 1998. According to the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council, it is mandatory for a candidate to appear in the Entry test for admission to any public or private medical & dental institution.
WHO CAN APPLY
1. The Candidates having domicile of any district of Azad Jammu & Kashmir and refugees of Jammu & Kashmir(1947/1989).
2. All Candidates from Pakistan who are willing to obtain admission against the seats for AJK nationals /refugees (1947/1989) whether in the Medical Colleges at AJK territory or reserved seats for AJK nationals in Pakistan, must have to take SET (State Entry test) as no other test will be valid to determine their merit for admission in MBBS or BDS.
3. Dual Nationals must take the State Entry Test (if they have not passed SAT II examination with minimum score of 550 marks in each science subject i-e Biology, Chemistry & Physics/ Mathematics for admission against seats reserved for them in AJK Medical Colleges.
4. Pakistan Medical & Dental Council has abolished age limit for admission in medical /dental Institution. There is no maximum age limit for appearance in State Entry Test.
Minimum Qualification Requirement
1. The Candidate must have passed the Intermediate Science (HSSC/F.Sc) examination in Pre Medical Group securing at least 60% (660/1100) unadjusted (excluding the marks of Hifz-e- Quran) marks from any board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan.
2. The candidate must have passed any other examination (eg. A-Level, 12th Grade) from a foreign University or examining body, which includes the following subject (Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Maths) & must provide the Certificate of Equivalence from IBCC (Inter-Board Committee of Chairman) Pakistan.
3. In case of foreign Qualification, subject wise equivalence by IBCC shall be acceptable.
Calculation of State Entry Test Marks
According to the Regulation 2010 of PM&DC circulated vide letter No PF3-F2010.(condition for Admission), the merit list of shall be maintained by adding the marks of examinations in following ratio:
Secondary School Certificate 10%
Higher Secondary School Certificate 40%
State Entry Test 50%
|Fee on merit base|
|1st year MBBS||????|
|2nd year MBBS||???|